Friday, July 10, 2009

Down the Memory Lane..

In this para I remember an incident wherein, I was traveling from Bangalore to Mumbai by Train..( Yes Train..No flight due to bad weather ), and I cultivated a new habit on the platform..that is to see the passenger chart list..as to know who is sitting next to me..Phew !! all males and almost their warranty period too was on the verge of expiry..but there was one cute female all alone..now I Bhola Bhala Insaan and 24 hours of traveling and nobody to talk at par..this could be my biggest nightmare..how do I sit close to her, make friendship, kill my 24 hours journey ?? these questions were hitting me hard..my intention were good and mind set clear, with clear & good ethic & Principals..and LOL !! an idea striked my head..and I went to the TC standing near the gate, and I told him..SAARJI, we are a couple traveling to Mumbai, but are located on different berths, and she traveling for the first time in train on a long journey, and very much scared..can you please relocate me next to her..the TC said going through the chart..Hello !! you are Raj Purohit and She is Miss........( I don't want to name her ) how come you two share a different surname..now this hit me below the belt..but being in Marketing & Admin for a long time we guys have all tools and tackles ready for the game..I replied..SAAR we are newly married, and her father has not changed her name in her name passport & Ration card..and he insisted the train tickets to be on her original name, and if you are not convinced, please ask my wife if I am her husband or no..on this he replied..Ok Ok !! let me see, he went inside and I waited outside with my fingers & legs crossed..after some time he came outside the couch wiping his fore head with red eyes looking at me..seeing him I could feel the earth below me slipping... Phew !!

Uhmm..so where was I, Oh Yeh !.. Now this TC came very near to me and says..look I have managed it with great difficulty to get a seat just next to your wife..for the passenger ( Mr. Chand Badshah )next to her was not willing to leave the seat, and has bought some fruits & Mineral water for her, and when I told him, that her husband too is traveling on the same train, same bogey, but has been allocated a different berth seat..so its a request that you occupy her husbands seat and let her husband have your seat..on this the gentlemen ( Mr. Chand Badshah )replied..how is it possible ?, I have not seen him, and it was she that requested me to buy some fruits and mineral water, then where the hell was he at that moment..the TC replied " Look I don't know where he was, might be he was arranging or looking after the language, but right now he is waiting outside, so please leave this seat.. ", "now before he changes his mind Sir, please occupy your new seat". PHEW !! I almost cleaned the sweat flowing from my forehead..curl / set my hair in style..gave TC a hundred buck, said " Thank you ", took my language and from the earlier seat rushed quickly towards her, immediately I pushed my language under her seat, and sat next to her..and requested, Miss, If you don't mind, Can I have that bottle of water, I shall get you a new one on the next station..Uhmmm..with a beaming smile she replied.." Oh ! Sure..please..these three words were an explosion in my heart, and could feel a few heart beat missing.. gulping the cooool water down my throat..I replied " Thanks , So kind of you, are you going towards Bombay." she said not towards Bombay, but to Bombay,..before she could say something I dashed my reply.." Oh ! That's great, I too am going to Bombay, and am sure we shall have a good time Pass together, and Oh ! by the way, I am Raj...Raj Purohit, do stay in Bombay, and You ??.she replied." Well I am from Bangalore itself and have an interview to attend, and its my first visit to Bombay, and I am very scared..Uhmmm hearing this..I replied..Hey ! No prob, I am there to help you..just tell me where is your interview, and I shall personally accompany you..and by the way, where r u going to stay..she replied, Oh ! I have my Aunt staying in Bombay, and She is been informed of my visit, and is coming to pick me up from the station..Uhmm..I said in my Mind " Cholo Raj, Seat Mil Gayee, aur time pass bhi accha ho gayega..and remembered the song " Uhi kat gayega safaar sath chalne se..aur manzil..( CHUHI !! Opps ! Juhi Chawal Laa )
I still remember, we spent the entire night talking on various topic's, subjects, uhmm.. she was just great in all subject of life..including, sports, music, gen Knowledge, Films, Overseas news etc...Phew !! The entire 24 hours journey spent with her is still an immortal memory of my life..and fresh as ever..It was in Pune, that I told her how I got the seat next to her..and How Chandamama, Mr. Chand Badshah was allocated my seat..On hearing it she was numb for a few seconds and later she busted out laughing and said " Raj, you are a Sly Fox"..on this I replied..sure I am..for I wanted to be near the Red Riding Hood..he he..
We met the very next day, for she was selected for the job back in Bangalore's top software company..celebrated together for her selection. After staying for a day , she left back for Bangalore, I was again at the station to see her off along with her aunt. we still are friends, do talk / write / meet quite often, sometimes I am in Bangalore on business tour, or she visit her Bombay head office on some official work / reporting etc.. Its been 5 years now, and we share a platonic relation..I call her Uppu ( In Kannada its Salt ), and she calls me... oh!! Sorry..Yeh Andhar Ki Baat Hai !!
Sometimes I wonder..how did she come in my life or Vis-versa..might be destiny had to play its role..and Almighty wanted me to have a friend with whom I could share every thing..Well that's "THE END"


1 comment:

  1. Rajjjj!I was here in your Blog and i liked it very much!!Good Lucky to you!!Many blesseds and hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May

    ReplyDelete